Sedation Dentistry in Port Orange
Do you suffer from Dental Anxiety? You are not alone!
Recent statistics show about 40% of adults have anxiety of the dental office; sometimes even just walking in the door can be difficult AND we understand!
What type of Sedation Dentistry is offered?
Nitrous Oxide Inhalation
- Nitrous oxide inhalation (also known as nitrous gas) increases the comfort level for the patient by helping the patient to feel relaxed and calm. Nitrous oxide inhalation has also been known to assist in the efficacy of local anesthetic and in many cases, allowing less anesthetic needing to be used. You may not be numb so long after leaving – yay!
- When you choose the option of Nitrous oxide inhalation, you can drive yourself to and from your appointment. The effects wear off very quickly.
- Oral Sedation is an option for patients who think they may need more than nitrous oxide alone. Oral sedation (also referred to as conscious sedation) can have an amnesic effect; meaning you will most likely not remember all of the details of your dental procedure.
- This option works well for patients that are anxious or have had previous difficult experiences at the dentist. Our doctors will be able to talk and converse with you, but you will not necessarily remember the details.
- During your procedure, you will be closely monitored to ensure your level of comfort. Your oral sedation is scheduled to begin one hour prior to your appointment and you will need a caregiver/ driver for 24 hours.
Am I a candidate for Sedation dentistry?
Before your procedure, Dr. Bowers will review your medical history and current medications to determine what your options are.
Please call our office with any questions you may have so we can help you obtain a healthy smile you deserve!